Thursday, September 30, 2004

Silly stats

I was reading FARK today and came across these statistics….apparently Dove soap have completed an around the globe survey asking women how attractive they think they are.

Only 2% think of themselves as sexy, 2% think they are beautiful, 43% think they are natural and 26% say they’re average. I’m not really surprised by these stats. No matter where you look, it will always be the gorgeous, tall, slim, toned women modelling the items ordinary people are supposed to buy. Not everyone looks like the Victoria’s Secret girls, and according to these stats, only 2% of the world thinks they do. Not that I’m complaining, it gives me more of an incentive to exercise when I see those girls looking so good in the undies I want to wear!

1 comment:

Jay.Mac said...

I wonder if the 2% who say they are beautiful actually are, or if they simply have an enormously inflated opinion of themselves?
I'm not surprised women have so many issues about how they look and I blame the media- specifically women's magazine which concentrate on two things: showing how fabulously beautiful and perfect Hollywood stars are; and, showing how awful Hollywood stars look when they put on a pound or two, have a smidgen of acne, wear no make-up or are simply photographed at a funny angle. If they look less than perfect they are relentlessly attacked and ridiculed (by women journalists).
Little wonder only 2% thought themselves sexy- I wonder how many of their partners thought they were sexy? I know K wouldn't say she was sexy but I think she's the most gorgeous, sexy creature on the planet.